Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Catch up

Catch up - one of the MANY phrasal verbs in the English language. This part of English grammar is so difficult. I had never realized how many and how often they are used! Sitting here making up a lesson on phrasal verbs I have thought of sooo many; put on, take off, look up, go on, come in, sit up, pay up, stress out etc...!

In any case that is just a random thought for the day. I am very much behind on my blogging. I had a wonderful visit with my Mom the second two weeks in November. I will try to get some stories and pics up of that soon. However, I am going to try to write more often and shorter posts. We'll see how I do...

This week is off to a pretty good start. We had a very successful turn out at the English Pub Trivia Night yesterday. Every few weeks the English lecteurs organize a trivia game night for the French English students. Great way for them to speak more English in an informal setting.
This afternoon Katie and I are going shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. We are going to do our best to create an authentic dinner. However...we can't get turkey so we are subsituting Chicken...and we aren't sure if we will find cranberries. We have invited Sarah's Chinese roommates, her French boyfriend, the two Irish lectures, the two Spanish Lectures and the Austrian German lectrice! I should be an interesting evening, if anything!
On Saturday and Sunday there is a Christmas "fair" at Place de la Libérté. I am looking forward to wandering around the different stalls and seeing what it is all about. Christmas decorations are slowly appearing. I am very much looking forward to spending Christmas back in the states but it will be interesting to experience the Holiday Season here in Brest.

Well hope that catch up was short enough... I'll keep 'working on' it. Ah phrasal verbs everywhere I look!

A bientot mes amis!

2 comments:

Drivel said...

Here, this might help! Wikpedia to the rescue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrasal_verb

If I can nitpick? You used "turn out" as a noun, not a verb. Same for "catch up" near the end.

Alissa said...

Have you seen this blog? You might enjoy it...
http://french-word-a-day.typepad.com/