Wednesday, March 25, 2009

...and done!

The students voted (this time with ballots and all) and the blockade has ended. So one would think I'd be teaching today....NO. For some reason the dean decided there wouldn't be classes today. I suppose to give people a chance to find out and plan...? Who knows. So that leaves me next week for teaching, spring break and then two more weeks before exams. What a ridiculous semester!
Here's an idea of what the blocus looked like..

In other news last weekend was quite eventful for me. I had two concerts with Choer et Orchestre Paul Kuentz. Saturday we took a bus to Morlaix..had a 3.5 hour rehearsal, dinner and then the concert. We sang Mozart's Vespers and Requiem. Sunday we had a concert in Plougastel. One of the soprano's kindly offered to drive me there. She took me to the Conservatoire Botanique and we walked around the beautiful garden trails for a good hour before heading down to Plougastel. The Sunday concert went much better than the first. It was a full weekend of speaking French. By the time I talked to Derek Sunday night I had to really concentrate on speaking English!

Derek arrives in Brest in 2 weeks and one day!! I can't wait! Some of the choir members suggested different places for us to visit and even offered driving us there. We'll see what we end up doing. No matter what I'm sure it will be fantastic! I am praying for nice weather though :-) After two weeks of amazing temps and sunny blue skies the rain is approaching. Hopefully that's over by the time April 9 rolls around.

No comments: