Monday, March 30, 2009

Au bord du mer


I had a lovely weekend in Roscanvel on the Presqu'ile de Crozon. A woman I sing in choir with invited me to her family's house on the seaside. We visited a bunch of forts around the peninsula. The weather was typical crazy Brittany weather; sunny and blue skies then gray, wind and rain...back and forth.

Over the weekend I learned to dig for clams, play crapette and I even helped plant some apple trees.

Sunday morning we went to Mass at a Bendictine Abbey. It was pretty difficult to understand any of the chanting but I enjoyed it nonetheless.


For lunch, when we returned to Brest, we enjoyed the clams which we had found the day before.
Before heading back to my apartment we walked along the water down by the ports in Brest.
It was so great to spend so much time outside this weekend - being surrounded by nature (and military areas) and breathing in pure fresh air!

No comments: